I got a free domain and hosting with X10 so I’m moving this blog over there. The address is almost the same too. The new site is at beautifulmess.elementfx.com. Same layout, same everything. I just wanted it hosted to have some more options with plugins and whatnot.
1. Did you remember to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day?
Yep, a green tshirt.
2. Have you ever pinched someone or been pinched for not wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day?
Both. Mostly I wear green to avoid being pinched because I always run into the people who pinch hard. lol
3. Do you ever wear specific colors to make a stand for certain illnesses or issues, such as wearing pink to support breast cancer victims and research?
Sometimes. My old job had a day where they wanted people to wear pink for Breast Cancer awareness and I took part in that.
4. Have you ever worn any sort of ribbon to commemorate someone who sufffered from an illness or condition? If so, what did the last one you remember wearing signify?
5. Do you wear or have you ever worn a colored wristband to raise awarness about an issue or illness? If so, which one(s) do you or have you worn?
I do not wear one. I think they are uncomfortable to wear.
6. Take the quiz: What Color Day Are You Having?
You Are Having a Green Day
You are approaching today with a good deal of balance and awareness.
If you didn’t pay attention, today could be like any old day. Nothing too exciting is going on.
But for you, today all about making the most of each moment.
You are seeing the beauty in every situation, and you’re keeping your mind open to possibilities.
I guess I just need to come out and say this. I lost my job 3 weeks ago. I’m still a little in shock. I’m going to bed way late too, like between 1 and 3am and then not getting up until around 10am. And I don’t like that. My sleeping habits were like that before I had my last job and even though I’m not doing anything with my days except for watching tv and job hunting, I still feel like it’s a waste of the day. I am by no means a morning person, but I still don’t like it.
It really sucks too. There are (now ex) coworkers complaining about being at work, how they don’t want to go and how much longer they have until they get off (on a social networking site) while I sit here unemployed. I really would love to make this info known to my old supervisors and be like “Look! I want a job, they obviously don’t want theirs, give me mine back!”, except I know it would do no good.
Hopefully I find a new job soon. The amount that EDD has told me I’ll be getting for unemployment will leave me with approximately $60 after rent and all other bills have been paid. That’s $60 to pay for gas, food and an extra costs that come up. Per month. Hello ramon noodle diet, how have you been?
1. Which fast food restaurant have you visited most in the past year?
Probably McDonald’s. There’s one less than a mile from me and I grab a caramel mocha or frappe and breakfast from there a lot.
2. What fast food creation do you most wish you could mimic in your own kitchen?
I have no idea.
3. You don’t have time to cook, but you want to eat as healthy a meal as possible: which fast food restaurant are you most likely to choose?
Subway. Oven Roasted Chicken Breast with swiss cheese, honey mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, green bell peppers and banana peppers. Yum.
4. Take the quiz: What Kind of French Fries Are You?
You Are Fast Food Fries
You are easygoing and happy-go-lucky. You try to avoid complaining.
You’re up for having a good time anywhere, and you definitely aren’t a snob.
You are more honest and modest than most people. You don’t pretend to be someone you aren’t.
You aren’t preachy or judgmental. We all have our vices… you just think we should enjoy them more..
5. What do you like most on your french fries?
Ranch or Honey Mustard. Or if they’re fries from Jack-in-the-Box I’ll take one of the ranch containers and add a packet of their hot sauce and mix it. lol It’s weird, but it tastes good.
6. When ordering a burger, do you prefer ordering it “all the way” and picking off what you don’t want, or do you prefer to order specifically what you want?
Definitely “all the way”.
1. What are some hobbies you would like to try, but haven’t done so?
Sewing, scrapbook, making jewelry. I’ve tried these hobbies, but it’s been a while since I’ve done them so in a way I haven’t done them.
2. Why did you not pursue these hobbies?
It’s been a while just because of limited space to work at/with.
3. Do you often feel limited by your financial state with how you spend your free time?
Kind of. I can’t take long weekends out of town or anything, but I’m not so limited that I can’t go out to dinner with friends or take a trip to the mall.
4. Do your hobbies play a major part of your life, or help define who you are?
Not really. It’s just something I like to do.
5. Do you have any hobbies you have made income from?
Not yet. I’m made things as gifts before, but have not been trying to sell anything lately. Mostly because of the lack of space and therefore lack of product to sell.
taken from livejournal: thefridayfive
for some football?
I didn’t think so or you’d be watching the game and not reading my blog. haha
I worked 8:30 – 5 today, got home about 5:30 and am now waiting for dinner to arrive. Pizza from Papa John’s. They have the best deal going on that ends today. Any large pizza, even specialties, for $10. I love lots of toppings on my pizza, so this is perfect.
Work was slow, as expected. I took 29 calls. In my last hour, I had one call. I love slow Sundays though. It gives me a chance to catch up on things before the weekday work week starts.
Here’s a voice blog so you can hear how I pronounce words/answer questions. I saw this on jenn.nu and thought it would be fun.
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
I told myself I wanted to start blogging more and now it’s the 29th of January and this is the first post I’ve made this year. Oops.
So if this was a January 1st/New Years Day post it would be about resolutions. Which I don’t make because they never get done, but if I did it would go something like this.
- blog more.
I don’t think I need to elaborate on this.
- lose weight.
which I have been trying to do for a while now.
- get my apartment in order.
I moved in almost 2 years ago and it’s still complete chaos in here. My spare room/guest room/computer room/craft room is filled with boxes as is my living room from my storage unit that I cleaned out and closed last year. I know that part of why it’s still here is that I’m overwhelmed with how much there is. Another reason is lack of storage. Which is funny because to buy and use any kind of storage system the spare room needs to be cleaned out enough that I can fit the storage system into it. Something like this is what I’m thinking of getting for my craft supplies.
I have some money saved up, but not enough to pay a full month’s of bills if needed. I’d love to have 3 months worth of bills in my savings account, but I am horrible at saving money.
hmmmm I think that’s all I’ve got for now.
On a random ending note, jamesvandeermemes.com is awesome.
Hello world. We meet again. I think its been at least 6 months since I last posted a blog. I blame facebook. lol I’m on there all day long. Or at least it seems that way. I’m hoping to get back into blogging. My cell phone should help since I can access wordpress from it. I got a Samsung Captivate yesterday and I love it. I spent a great amount of the past 2 days downloading apps and trying to figure things out.
If you have any tips or know of an app I should try out, leave a comment.
Hi blog! Yes, its been forever. I’m sorry. On to other things.
Work. I take Escalation calls now (since January of last year haha). Yeah promotion! Besides having customers forwarded to my line because they want a Supervisor, I also assist the Reps with whatever (returns/exchanges, overcharges, compensation approvals, etc).
Other than work, I really haven’t been up to much. I work 5 days a week, 40 hours a week, so on my days off I just want to sit and do nothing. Oh! DUH! One big thing that happened between October 2008 and now is that I moved into my own apartment! In May of 2009. It’s a 2 bedroom and its all MINE! No more living with my mom and her cranky boyfriend. No more listening to him yell at her. Of course, me being me, I am still not completely unpacked. It’s a very slow process. lol One day my spare room will be a craft room, a guest bedroom and a computer room all rolled into one, but for now its not.